National Adoption Day
Through CCAI’s National Adoption Day efforts, Members of Congress, Governors, Mayors, other public officials and even NFL teams are promoting the importance of a loving family across the nation!
CCAI’s involvement in the 2015 National Adoption Day led to:
- Over 75 elected officials showed their support of adoption by using social media, writing an op-ed, issuing a press release, or attending a National Adoption Day event.
- 44 Governors issued proclamations commemorating the importance of adoption from foster care.
- 30 Senators and 41 Representatives sponsored or co-sponsored the National Adoption Day Congressional Resolutions. Read the U.S. Senate Resolution and U.S. House of Representatives Resolution.
- CCAI engaged with several former National Angels in Adoption® honorees to promote National Adoption Day including Korie Robertson, A&E’s Duck Dynasty; Nia Vardalos, My Big Fat Greek Wedding; Connie Britton, Nashville and Friday Night Lights; Bill Klein and Dr. Jen Arnold, TLC’s The Little Couple; and singer Rachel Crow.
- The NFL’s New Orleans Saints and Minnesota Vikings promoted National Adoption Day with pregame, on-field celebrations to commemorate the day.
Read President Obama’s 2015 National Adoption Month Proclamation which highlights National Adoption Day.